May 7, 2013 § 24 Comments
Well…I have to admit I never even thought about awards when I started this blog. Poppy’s Patisserie so kindly nominated me for a The Liebster Award! Thank you so much Poppy. This is very exciting for me. When I started posting recipes on this site two months ago I thought it was a great way to get my thoughts together about the food I was preparing for my family. They have always been such a fan of my cooking and nothing satisfies me more than putting dinner on the table for us.
This is what Poppy wrote on her blog about the Liebster Award….
My research on the award suggests that it originated as an award to small and new blogs which had less than 200 followers but over a few years has moulded into more of an appreciation and ‘booster’ award.
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
Here we go!
11 Random Facts about me:
- I could eat spaghetti every single night!
- I am obsessed with white pottery and white linen.
- I am a black belt in tae kwon do.
- My favorite color is orange.
- I really like cool cloudy days.
- Fall is my favorite season. I love the clothes and food.
- I have a fine collection of antique color glass vases.
- I’m crazy in love with my husband.
- I’m in bed by 9pm!
- I buy myself a bouquet of white flowers every week. (my favorite: tulips)
- Along with my husband and teenage son, we are completely remodeling our 1931 cottage!
Questions from Poppy:
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- -Tessa Kiros…..Apples for Jam.
- What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?
- -While having guests over I filled the whole house with smoke from the salmon in the oven!
- If you could become a non-human animal, what would you choose to be and why?
- -A dog. My big black lab! I would love to lounge around all day!
- What dish do you make most often?
- -Spaghetti with a tomato base sauce
- If you had to emigrate to a country of your choice, where would it be?
- -Italy, of course!
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?
- -Only weird to me….escargot
- Where’s the weirdest place you ever went?
- -Weird in a foreign way…..Istanbul
- Do you have an embarrassing/cheesey nickname?
- -When I was little…..Cecil
- What’s your favorite website?
- -I use to love apartmenttherapy.com.
- What is your favorite charity?
- -Local Seattle homeless charities and “No Kid Hungry” in America
Questions for other blogger:
- What is your perfect Saturday?
- List one of your obsessions.
- What is your favorite cooking spice?
- What is the one thing you keep putting off?
- Who is your favorite person?
- What is your favorite thing to do at home other than cooking?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Where would you go…Hawaii or Italy?
- What genre of music do you enjoy most?
- Do you enjoy fiction or non-fiction?
Blogs I award:
Thank you again Poppy!
Congratulations! I will check out your nominees too. :D
Thank you Fae!
Congrats — I look forward to exploring what I am sure are additional mouth-watering food blogs! Pasta is the best comfort food! Eating it in Italy, even more comforting :-)
My dream…eating pasta in Italy. Thank you. :)
Congratulations and Thank You!! I love your blog too, the clean simplicity of your food and your fabulous photos.
You have a very inspiring blog! Love it.
Congratulations on this well-deserved award and thank you for giving us a list of great blogs to check out.
Thank you so much. True. It is a great list…
Congratulations on your Award Liebster!!
Thank you! :)
Congratulations you are well deserved for the award. And thanks very much for nominating me! I hope I meet the expectations!
Thank you! I know you will…
I love your facts and questions. I love that you but yourself weekly flowers! I sometimes buy myself flowers but for some reason feel bad if I do – as though I’m spoiling myself – but you have made me rethink, and why not?! Poppy :)
Thank you Poppy! Very fun to participate. Now, go out and buy yourself some flowers… :)
I sure will do! I’ll treat myself to some after I finish my exams I think :)
Thank you for the nomination!! I loved your random facts, I share your white linen and fresh flowers passion. And for your black belt in tae kwon do r.e.s.p.e.c.t. :-)
You are welcome…looking forward to your Liebster post!
Congrats on the award!!! Interesting kitchen disaster, sounds familiar ;)
Thank you Irena! That was the worst…burning fish smell! Some of us had to go outside with coughing fits! I was so discomfit :/
Congrats on the award. Very well deserved! :)
Thank you so much!
You deserve the award, Cecil! I mean, Seana =)
Congratulations and thank you for nominating me, although I’m not sure what to do. You must love Italy as much as I do. My favorite author, Marlena de Blasi, wrote about Italy and food in her books and inspired me to go to Umbria. I found where she lived and I was at her doorstep but never had the courage to knock. But I was happy. I had a good trip in Italy.
And by the way, weird to you but I love snails. They are great in coconut milk!
Good on you for buying yourself a bouquet of flowers every week. =)
I must look for Marlena de Blasi’s work. Uh…well…is it in english? Unfortunately I can not read Italian. I can picture you at her doorstep and the feeling you must of had…should I knock? I would have done the same thing, walking off feeling satisfied that I stood there for a moment. :) Interesting you love snails…you are a vegetarian but eat….mollusk! Love it….
Marlena is an American food critic, cookbook writer and a novelist who met and got married to an Italian at the age of 50. I like her sense of humour and her style of writing. I read her life stories from Venice, Tuscany to Umbria. You should start with A Thousand Days in Venice. Correction: I’m not a vegetarian. I eat two-legged animals (poultry).