May 7, 2013 § 24 Comments
Well…I have to admit I never even thought about awards when I started this blog. Poppy’s Patisserie so kindly nominated me for a The Liebster Award! Thank you so much Poppy. This is very exciting for me. When I started posting recipes on this site two months ago I thought it was a great way to get my thoughts together about the food I was preparing for my family. They have always been such a fan of my cooking and nothing satisfies me more than putting dinner on the table for us.
This is what Poppy wrote on her blog about the Liebster Award….
My research on the award suggests that it originated as an award to small and new blogs which had less than 200 followers but over a few years has moulded into more of an appreciation and ‘booster’ award.
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
Here we go!
11 Random Facts about me:
- I could eat spaghetti every single night!
- I am obsessed with white pottery and white linen.
- I am a black belt in tae kwon do.
- My favorite color is orange.
- I really like cool cloudy days.
- Fall is my favorite season. I love the clothes and food.
- I have a fine collection of antique color glass vases.
- I’m crazy in love with my husband.
- I’m in bed by 9pm!
- I buy myself a bouquet of white flowers every week. (my favorite: tulips)
- Along with my husband and teenage son, we are completely remodeling our 1931 cottage!
Questions from Poppy:
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- -Tessa Kiros…..Apples for Jam.
- What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?
- -While having guests over I filled the whole house with smoke from the salmon in the oven!
- If you could become a non-human animal, what would you choose to be and why?
- -A dog. My big black lab! I would love to lounge around all day!
- What dish do you make most often?
- -Spaghetti with a tomato base sauce
- If you had to emigrate to a country of your choice, where would it be?
- -Italy, of course!
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?
- -Only weird to me….escargot
- Where’s the weirdest place you ever went?
- -Weird in a foreign way…..Istanbul
- Do you have an embarrassing/cheesey nickname?
- -When I was little…..Cecil
- What’s your favorite website?
- -I use to love apartmenttherapy.com.
- What is your favorite charity?
- -Local Seattle homeless charities and “No Kid Hungry” in America
Questions for other blogger:
- What is your perfect Saturday?
- List one of your obsessions.
- What is your favorite cooking spice?
- What is the one thing you keep putting off?
- Who is your favorite person?
- What is your favorite thing to do at home other than cooking?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Where would you go…Hawaii or Italy?
- What genre of music do you enjoy most?
- Do you enjoy fiction or non-fiction?
Blogs I award:
Thank you again Poppy!