July 27, 2013 § 18 Comments
As you can imagine I am so honored and pleased to receive not one, not two, but three Kreativ Blogger Award nominations this week!
I want to thank Food Daydreaming for the first nomination. During my first visit at Food Daydreaming I saw the recipe for twice baked goats cheese soufflé with rocket and walnut salad and did not waste anytime pressing the follow tab. Definitely go see this blog. It is wonderful.
Next, Suzanne @ apuginthekitchen so kindly nominated me. Suzanne has one of the most warm and welcoming blogs I have the pleasure of visiting. I was so surprised she chose me! :) Suzanne was the very first person to comment on my little blog and it meant the world to me knowing someone actually read my post and liked it! Thank you Suzanne!
And thank you Gabby @ bakingwithgab. I can hear Gabby’s enthusiasm and passion for baking every time I read her posts. And I always smile when I see her masthead! I can just imagine her making that arrangement with all the fun baking goodies!
Thank you all, I am so appreciative of your kind recognition.
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers for the award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Random Facts About Me
- I have 23 (first) and 24 (second) nephews and nieces. So that makes me an Auntie 47 times!
- I must have pasta at least once a week. It’s my soul food.
- I have an enormous black lab/great dane mix. He’s a gentle giant.
- Although I would not, I could wear a white t-shirt everyday.
- I prefer cool and cloudy over sunny and hot weather.
- I am petrified when I meet up with a spider in the house.
- My idea of a perfect midweek evening is sitting with my family with the T.V. off and talking, with a glass of wine, in hand…of course.
Wonderful blogs I love and nominate:
May 10, 2013 § 6 Comments
Thank you Lilly Sue’s Bites and Brews for the Best Moment Award!
Awarding the people who live in the moment. The noble who write and capture the best in life. The bold who reminded us what really mattered – savoring the experience of quality time. (Please check out MomentMatters.com).
RULES: Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded. Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardee’s! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them the great news.
As for my acceptance speech. I guess this is more of a time to give thanks and ponder the word “moments”.
It is a privilege to receive this award in recognition of my “little” blog. I want to say thank you to all of my new friends who leave me such kind and sincere comments. I feel much encouragement to continue posting to cottagegrovehouse!
I have been so inspired and encouraged by my family who sit with me at the dinner table every single evening and share my love of cooking, even if my dinner didn’t turn out quite as I imagined. I appreciate these days so much. I know some day my teenage son will no longer be at our table for every meal and I truly want to memorialize these moments.
….hens and chicks
I had some thoughts on best moments. I have a tendency to live in the moment… almost to a fault at times. It seems some very important matters are put off because I am enjoying the present moment far too much to stop and shift gears. Eventually I do get it all done, thank goodness!
I keep seeing the statement “Be Present” and it has such a profound meaning to me. My interpretation of “Be Present” is to give full attention to what you are doing, “now”. These days multi-tasking has become such a part of our lives we don’t even realize we are doing several things at a given moment. Imagine visiting with a good friend while they are carrying a text message conversation with another friend. Or spending time with your children while you are on your smartphone. How about at the market making food choices while chatting on your phone. Admittedly, I am at fault for doing all of these things. I appreciate the reminder of “Be Present” and I do make an effort to heed it’s instruction.
Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. -John Lennon
It is my pleasure to present this award to….
Congratulations. I love receiving notification every time you post!
May 7, 2013 § 24 Comments
Well…I have to admit I never even thought about awards when I started this blog. Poppy’s Patisserie so kindly nominated me for a The Liebster Award! Thank you so much Poppy. This is very exciting for me. When I started posting recipes on this site two months ago I thought it was a great way to get my thoughts together about the food I was preparing for my family. They have always been such a fan of my cooking and nothing satisfies me more than putting dinner on the table for us.
This is what Poppy wrote on her blog about the Liebster Award….
My research on the award suggests that it originated as an award to small and new blogs which had less than 200 followers but over a few years has moulded into more of an appreciation and ‘booster’ award.
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
Here we go!
11 Random Facts about me:
- I could eat spaghetti every single night!
- I am obsessed with white pottery and white linen.
- I am a black belt in tae kwon do.
- My favorite color is orange.
- I really like cool cloudy days.
- Fall is my favorite season. I love the clothes and food.
- I have a fine collection of antique color glass vases.
- I’m crazy in love with my husband.
- I’m in bed by 9pm!
- I buy myself a bouquet of white flowers every week. (my favorite: tulips)
- Along with my husband and teenage son, we are completely remodeling our 1931 cottage!
Questions from Poppy:
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- -Tessa Kiros…..Apples for Jam.
- What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?
- -While having guests over I filled the whole house with smoke from the salmon in the oven!
- If you could become a non-human animal, what would you choose to be and why?
- -A dog. My big black lab! I would love to lounge around all day!
- What dish do you make most often?
- -Spaghetti with a tomato base sauce
- If you had to emigrate to a country of your choice, where would it be?
- -Italy, of course!
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?
- -Only weird to me….escargot
- Where’s the weirdest place you ever went?
- -Weird in a foreign way…..Istanbul
- Do you have an embarrassing/cheesey nickname?
- -When I was little…..Cecil
- What’s your favorite website?
- -I use to love apartmenttherapy.com.
- What is your favorite charity?
- -Local Seattle homeless charities and “No Kid Hungry” in America
Questions for other blogger:
- What is your perfect Saturday?
- List one of your obsessions.
- What is your favorite cooking spice?
- What is the one thing you keep putting off?
- Who is your favorite person?
- What is your favorite thing to do at home other than cooking?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Where would you go…Hawaii or Italy?
- What genre of music do you enjoy most?
- Do you enjoy fiction or non-fiction?
Blogs I award:
Thank you again Poppy!